Thursday, April 1, 2010

Southern Miss Centennial Founders Day


I recently attended the 100th Southern Miss Founders' Day celebration. Although I attend Founders' Day festivities every year, this year was especially exciting. The ceremonies were commemorating 100 years since the legislative founding of The University of Southern Mississippi. In addition to the typical Founders' Day activities, this year the celebrations included the dedication of the Centennial Gateway and a special Centennial Convocation.
I enjoyed being a part of the festivities and celebrating Southern Miss's 100th birthday. The experience made me proud to be a student at Southern Miss. I also enjoyed the opportunity to reconnect with alumni that I haven't seen in quite some time. The experience was not one I will soon forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment